Monday 21 May 2012

Thing 4 ish,

Attending QQML in Limerick tomorrow - that's the 4th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International Conference.

What be the link to Thing 4?  I propose to send a live tweet from the conference composed on the fly using an actual smartphone.  There's a lot going on there. 

I'm presenting on the Wednesday morning "Do clinical staff and managers in an academic teaching hospital use library services and the published literature in their working lives?"  As I type this looonnng title it occurs to me that it's more than 140 characters.  Nope, just checked - it's 137 including spaces.  Dilemma.  How will anyone tweet my talk?  I've made it impossible.  Perhaps it could be acronymised: dcsamiaathulsatplitwl anyone?

It is a packed programme and I hope to learn lots.  But tweeting is gonna be a challenge because there are many talks with titles that are even longer than mine.  Today's learning is to make a title snappy and tweet-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first live tweet! It took me a few attempts before I was able to live tweet events with any success, I think it can take a bit of practice to get the "sound bites" out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to hear more on the 4th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International Conference and am following #qqml on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete